Arrggggghh!! Please help with Downloads!

Are you looking for our Free Girlie Audio MP3 collection? You will find it right here.

Moderators: ldwadmin, Ms Ally, Miss Molly

Heathergirl

Help! I've been a happy member of Sissy School for a long time now and especially enjoy all the wonderful audios, at least until recently. I have no idea what changed, but I am no longer able to download and play the mp3 files, and it's cupcake me! Clicking on the links opens a new page, as before, where it seems to be downloading the file. However, instead of automatically going to my mp3 player (mmjb) as it always had, I get a 'blip', then a blank screen with a red 'x' in a gray box. Please, please, please... can someone help this deprived sissy?
shy

Try right click/save target as... You can then open the saved file with the program of your choice.
Ms Ally
Site Admin

Heathergirl wrote:Help! I've been a happy member of Sissy School for a long time now and especially enjoy all the wonderful audios, at least until recently. I have no idea what changed, but I am no longer able to download and play the mp3 files, and it's cupcake me! Clicking on the links opens a new page, as before, where it seems to be downloading the file. However, instead of automatically going to my mp3 player (mmjb) as it always had, I get a 'blip', then a blank screen with a red 'x' in a gray box. Please, please, please... can someone help this deprived sissy?
Something changed with the most recent update of Microsoft Explorer. Perhaps microsoft.com will have some sort of "workaround" posted - in the mean time try the click n' save method :)
Need Something? You can find me by clicking the Live Help button at the top of the Boards :)

Have you joined http://www.enchantrixempire.com yet?
Call Us for Sissy Phone Sessions at 800-730-3507
Heathergirl

Thank you shy and Ms. Ally. The suggestion does indeed work and provides me a much needed "fix" :lol: :oops: As my pc is a 'cupcake' pc i'd still prefer the other way as saving the file leaves (obviously) a copy on my pc that needs to later be deleted, showing up in my 'recent documents' folder as well. 'sissy party' and 'sissy cupcake' mp3 files might be difficult to explain away! Thanks again. If anyone has a solution, i'd still be very grateful.
Mistress Dallas
Site Admin

Heathergirl, you might try downloading Firefox or a different browser and then try listening to the audios on it. Microsoft lost a lawsuit and has now had to stop letting people download mp3 files unless Microsoft pays a licensing fee to the company owning the rights to mp3. I understand Microsoft may be considering offering that if you pay to upgrade their IE browser. However, that is not yet available to my knowledge. Until then, either click & save or try a different browser
Goddess Dallas

Helping create a special Sissy World

See My Page: http://www.sissyschool.com/index.php?ac ... istress=11
Call Me: 888-232-1467
Email YourGoddessDallas@yahoo.com
Read My Blog: www.kinklibrary.com
colette

I have used Opera as my default browser. It is world wide so you can down laod it from several different sites in Europe and North America at the minimum. It is free, and I have downloaded all of the girls mp3 files. It allows you to save them in a directory of your choosing or open them and listen to them immediately
Always trying, sometimes succeeding
Little Giselle

Heathergirl wrote:As my pc is a 'cupcake' pc i'd still prefer the other way as saving the file leaves (obviously) a copy on my pc that needs to later be deleted, showing up in my 'recent documents' folder as well. 'sissy party' and 'sissy cupcake' mp3 files might be difficult to explain away!
You can always burn a CD before deleting it off your hard drive. Unless you only have a cupcake cd player too.
Saucy

Heathergirl, although you may not see it IE usually does download and save the file you just clicked on as a file in your cache directory. It then passes that file's location to your media player.

You said you have cupcake accessing the same terminal. If one of them happens to know this they can fetch the files out of your cache... Saving and deleting the file manually is actually safer.

Also, if you have a really geeky cupcake member, you might consider shredding the files so they can't be retrieved. One pass should be more than sufficient, unless your paranoid or have reason to hide your data from the FBI or CIA.

Saucy is a proud geek!
SarahHarris

Mistress Dallas wrote:Heathergirl, you might try downloading Firefox or a different browser and then try listening to the audios on it. Microsoft lost a lawsuit and has now had to stop letting people download mp3 files unless Microsoft pays a licensing fee to the company owning the rights to mp3. I understand Microsoft may be considering offering that if you pay to upgrade their IE browser. However, that is not yet available to my knowledge. Until then, either click & save or try a different browser
With all due respect, the lawsuit Microsoft lost was in regards to ActiveX controls, not MP3 downloading. I'm using the IE7 beta, and it downloads MP3s just fine. The licensing on MP3s is for creation, not downloading. Quite awhile back, Microsoft had a minor conflict with Thomson Multimedia with regards to creating CDs in MP3 format using the Windows Media Player, but that has nothing to do with this.

Hey, geek gurls rule.

So, the very first thing that Heathergirl needs to do is clear out the browser cache. Once it's full, playing MP3s directly won't be possible without a right-click and save sort of thing. Most people forget to clear the cache once in awhile, and I'm thinking perhaps that's happened in this case.
Tiffanyanne

Heathergirl -

It sounds like a file association problem within your computer, dear. I've been wrestling with a battle between Realplayer and Quicktime. Quicktime seems to want to take control of running all MP3 files. I'd rather have RealPlayer do it, since Quicktime plays only static. Here's what I did:

I opened RealPlayer and went to the Preferences area. I found where I could make RealPlayer the Default player for all MP3 files and clicked on it. That fixed my problem.

It sounds like you need to go into your audio player's preferences and re-assign all MP3 files to it as the default player.

Really has nothing to do with your Browser - just your Windows OS.

Hope that helps, sweetie!
Tiffan Anne
ImageImage
Tiffany Anne Easton
Heathergirl

My sincere thanks to all who have responded. I truly appreciate it. It's not a file association or internet cache problem, though those are excellent suggestions. I continue to use the 'Save Target as' function to download and listen to the wonderful files available here at Sissy School, but still long for the way it used to be, and have no idea how or why it changed. Sissy geeks rule!
Tiffanyanne

Hi Heather -

Well, yesterday I had another wrestling match in trying to get audio (from anywhere) to stream. It was telling me that the associated program (RealPlayer) was corrupt and asking me to save the file instead. Here's what I did and hopefully the problem won't come back.

1. I uninstalled iTunes (but left Quicktime).
2. I opened RealPlayer, then went to Tools > Preferences and navigated down to Media Types.
3. I clicked on "Make RealPlayer my universal player for all Media Types".
4. Then I navigated down to AutoUpdate.
5. Clicked on "Check For Updates Now" and let it go out to it's server.
6. I selected All updates available (figuring that this would fix whatever was corrupt)
7. After they all installed, I closed everything and re-booted just to be sure it all took.

I went back online and I was able to stream audio and video again.
See if any of these helps. ;)

Hugs!
Tiffany Anne
ImageImage
Tiffany Anne Easton